The Membership Committee Members are natural ambassadors of the WBN, encouraging prospective members, welcoming new members, and inspiring current members. We are passionate about building the WBN community and guiding our members to become active leaders who support, promote, empower and recognize each other’s accomplishments. Consider the Membership Committee the point of contact for all members to maximize their time with the WBN and all membership benefits.
WHAT WE DO
Our committee has 3 primary teams, each with key responsibilities and roles. When joining our committee, members receive step-by-step guidelines and support, allowing them to fulfill the responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner.
Including our monthly committee meeting, most of the roles below require approx. 3-5 hours/month.
- Stay-In-Touch Program: this team leads a reach out/follow-up initiative, engaging with members at specific milestones and various points throughout their membership journey.
- Membership Maximization Program: team members rotate hosting this popular event. This is a unique opportunity to learn more about the WBN yourself as you teach, connect with and can directly influence other members’ experience within the network.
- WBN Ambassadors are matched with guests and new members attending our WBN events. Ambassadors provide a warm welcome, introduction to other members in attendance, and function as an overall resource. New members and guests greatly benefit from this support as well as education on WBN membership benefits
- When joining the program, Ambassadors receive step-by-step guidelines and support, allowing them to feel prepared and fulfill their responsibilities in an easy and friendly manner
- If someone is unsure about a volunteer commitment and joining a committee, the Ambassador Program is a great way to “dip your toe in” as a volunteer! It allows you to meet people, get to know the WBN, and get a better feel for being a volunteer
- For more info, please explore further at Ambassador Program – Women’s Business Network of Ottawa
- Our monthly committee meeting takes place on the fourth THURSDAY of the month, from 3:30 – 4:15 PM
- Location: Zoom
Meeting are subject to change based on committee availability and requirements.
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN
For more info, to ask any questions and discuss your interest about the various roles, please contact the Membership Chair. We also always encourage all those interested to attend a committee meeting and get a sense of our work for yourself.