To plan and execute the Businesswoman of the Year Awards including;
- Finalist Cocktail Reception
- VIP Jewellery event
- BYA Gala
- To be ambassadors to the 12 businesswomen of the year finalists
COO and CFO
What We Do:
- Working with a professional Event Planner, we are responsible for 3 events; the Businesswoman of the Year Awards Gala, the Finalist Cocktail Reception and the Finalist and Sponsors reception.
- We plan all aspects of these events from staging, décor, and food to music, VIPs, Emcee, gifts and prizes.
- We work with the Sponsorship committee to secure BYA-specific sponsorships, and corporate table sales.
- Once the Nominating and Awards Committee along with the selection committees, have decided the twelve Finalists, the BYA Committee coordinates with the Finalists to set up numerous media interviews, photographs, videos and special sponsor offerings.
- The committee works with the communications committee, Rogers Television and the Ottawa Business Journal to market and provide media coverage. The year-long gala planning cycle culminates in April with one of Ottawa’s premier business award events.
BYA Gala Committee Meetings:
WHEN: We meet the first Wednesday of every month
WHERE: Carling Dymon storage boardroom
Requirements to Join:
A great attitude and you must be looking to have fun! We have several roles available on our committee
Committee member roles:
- 1 Sponsorship Liaison (To know all sponsor contracts or where to get the information, Liaison with the sponsorship committee and be the contact point for sponsor questions)
- 1 Design and Print Liaison (Work with Creative Services to keep them on track and on time and then bring the finished pieces to the rest of the committee for final approval)
- 1 Social media Liaison (Work with the M and C committee to promote our sponsors, ticket sales, finalists and any other aspects of the events that come up)
- 2 Finalist Reception Leads (Plan, accept tenders and organize all aspects of the finalist reception)
- 1 Finalist Offering Coordinator (Managing the contracts, people and logistics of the complementary services offered to the Finalists)
- 4 Finalist Ambassadors (1 of these will be the Ambassador Lead, ensuring all the Ambassadors are given the same information) (Be the primary contact point for the finalists in a category)
- 1 VIP Jewllery Event Coordinator (Coordinate with the Jewllery reception host)
- 1 Program Coordinator (working with the creative services to ensure the program is completed, ads are submitted on time, sponsors are given the appropriate recognition and the program goes to print 1 week before the Gala)
- 1 Person to Oversee day of scripts, proofreading, day of timeline, verifying speaking roles, presenters
- Chairs to oversee Master timeline and budget