I believe that behind a person’s success – in life and in business – exists a positive attitude that has provided the focus required to help that person achieve his or her goals. Attitude is the key to one’s success.
Here are some of my personal “attitude check-in” mantras that I would like to share that have assisted me in keeping a positive attitude and believing that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. I find them to be very powerful and motivating – especially when I need a little boost:
- Wake up with an attitude of gratitude.
- If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
- Don’t live with regret; look for the positive lesson to learn in each and every situation, no matter how difficult or disappointing.
- Learn something new everyday.
- Because you are here, you are important.
- Don’t envy your competitors; learn something from their success.
- When all else fails – smile.
- Have a good handshake.
- Never be afraid to ask for help.
- At the end of the day, take stock of all of your blessings.
Now, go get-em!
After 14 years working as a lawyer and law firm manager, Erin Crotty was ready for a change. Trained through the Protocol School of Washington and the Conselle Institute of Image Management, Erin is now a certified business etiquette, protocol and image management expert who has turned her passion into a thriving business – BloomStra Consulting, based in Ottawa, ON.
Erin helps her clients harness the power of etiquette and image management to build successful relationships in business and reach their professional goals. Her clients learn how to increase their confidence and credibility, distinguish themselves in any business or social situation and, ultimately, ‘Outclass the Competition’.