Are you looking for more ways to connect, build solid business relationships, exchange knowledge and be inspired? Try blogging! All WBN members are welcome – and encouraged – to contribute to our blog. Here are a few tips for getting started:
- Your topic can be specific to your area of expertise or a more general perspective on business. Our monthly theme can be a great inspiration for your post. Above all, make it relevant and helpful for other businesswomen.
- The ideal length for a blog post is 350-500 words. Shorter and you’ll have trouble getting your message across, longer and you risk losing the reader’s attention.
- Include a call to action in your post. Make sure readers know how to contact you for more information.
- Remember to proofread! Typos, spelling mistakes and poor grammar are unprofessional and distracting.
- Have fun and let your personality shine!
Blogging is an amazing tool to demonstrate your value to potential customers. I’ve been blogging for over a year and it’s proven to be a great way to share, connect, and build my brand. My blog drives additional traffic to my website and helps turn that traffic into leads. I also love the creative aspect of blogging; it keeps me thinking and discovering new ideas and inspiration.
When you contribute to the WBN blog, your post gets promoted across a wide variety of social media networks and reaches many like-minded businesswomen. What a great member benefit! Whether you’re already blogging for your business or have been thinking of giving it a try, the WBN blog is ready and waiting to share your knowledge. Just log in to your member account on the WBN website and follow the ‘Post To Blog’ link.
Interior decorator Susan Sykes is a member of the WBN’s Marketing & Communications Committee. In addition to creating dream rooms for her clients, she is also the co-founder of the popular interior design & decorating blog Newberry Sykes (www.newberrysykes.com) where she regularly shares stylish decorating ideas with readers. Learn more at www.susansykes.decoratingden.com or contact Susan at 613-836-2877.