- Be inspired to achieve your highest potential!
- WBN is looking for member bloggers
- Member Minute
- And the winner is…
- Breakfast Circle Update
- Jill Brown Memorial Charity Golf Event Wrap up
Kathie Donovan, well known for her role as co-host and co-producer of CTV Ottawa’s Regional Contact is also an author and life artist. Her upcoming book ‘Inspiration in Action: A Woman’s Guide to Happiness’ examines how we can focus our thinking and feelings to achieve our highest potential. The book is based on the law of attraction or as Kathie likes to call it the “law of allowing” and offers eight principals that when put to practice, make us available to receive what we want. The Mindfulness Project, which is part of Kathie’s book, encourages readers to share themselves with others through intentional acts of kindness, completing the cycle of giving and receiving.
You’ll also have a chance to browse our product display tables with WBN member representatives: Erin Crotty, Founder & Director of Bloomstra Consulting and Vickie Townson, PCC, Midlife Coach. Don’t miss out! Mark Tuesday, July 17th on your calendar today and register!
The Women’s Business Network of Ottawa is increasingly focused on providing value to membership. Contributing to the WBN blog is another amazing member benefit that offers the opportunity to provide valuable educational content while showcasing your expertise to WBN members and Ottawa businesswomen in the community at large.
Here are some simple steps on how to contribute….
Posting to the blog:
- When logging into your account on the WBN website, click the option of “Contribute to the WBN Blog – W2W (Woman to Woman In Business)” under the “Contribute” category.
- A new window will open. Click the “write” button found in the top right hand corner. This will open up the editor where you can start writing content, or paste existing, pre-written copy into the editor.
- Don’t forget to give your blog post a title and enter a publish start and end date and click submit.
Not quite ready to post your own blog content? We encourage you to comment and share our members’ posts. Simply visit the W2W – Women to Woman blog.
Comment on member posts:
- Click on the title of blog post under “resent posts” to read the entire article
- Click the discuss button under the post.
- A new window will open up allowing you to post your comment.
Both posts and comments are moderated, so you may not see your post or comments appear on the site for up to 48 hours. If you have any questions, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your posts to provide our readers with content that is informative and inspiring. Happy blogging!
We look forward to another inspirational year.
We have lots of educational and networking events planned, so be sure to check out the events calendar to register.
To update your profile in the WBN member directory, log into the website and click “Update Account” found in the top right hand gray box and follow the instructions. By doing so, you are ensuring that other members have all the relevant information about you and your company.
Please join us in welcoming our newest members to the WBN:
In June, the WBN ran a Twitter contest to promote the golf tournament. Congratulations to Michelle VandenBosch, who retweeted our message and won herself two tickets for her and a friend to attend the next Breakfast Circle on July 25th at The Urban Element.
Congratulations Michelle! We look forward to meeting you and a friend on July 25th.
The Breakfast Circle is one of the WBN’s most popular events. In fact, many of you would like to see more Breakfast events scheduled.
The Programming & Membership Committees have been working out details to make The Breakfast Circle a monthly event, starting in October.
Stay tuned for more details, and we hope to see you all at future breakfast networking events.
The Jill Brown Memorial Charity Golf Event took place on June 20. With temperature reaching 46 degrees in the shade, 65 golfers braved the course at Cedarhill Golf & Country Club. Although it was one of the hottest days of the summer so far, the ladies were not discouraged! And we were pleased to see a few gentlemen joining us this year. Among them was Gavin Lumsden from Rogers TV. Thanks Gavin for coming out and supporting our event.
Sadly enough, no one was able to win either of our fabulous Hole-in-One prizes. Hunt Club VW’s Beetle is safe, but Anne Van Delst came close to winning it! No one took home the beautiful diamond from Davidson’s.
We would also like to thank:
- Our Smoothie Bar Sponsor, Welch Group Consulting.
- Our Hole sponsors: Canadian Women’s Golfers Inc (CWGI), Milestone Real Estate Inc, CIBC, KPMG Canada, Emond Harnden LLP/s.r.l. , Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP, Newmark Knight Franks Devencore, RBC, Ginsberg Gluzman Fage & Levitz, Renaud Foster, Glover Customs Brokers, Ottawa Senators Hockey Club, Nikken, Documents Etcetera, Investors Group.
- Our Silent Auction item contributors: Collins Barrow, Algonquin College, Thomas and Associate, Vickie Townson, Cathy Piesina, Yonka Paris, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Best Western, Sue Smarkala, Katherine Jeans, Byward Clinic, Catherine Pulcine, Independant planning, Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP, Kathy Brunelle, CAA, 3 sisters, Peggy Pratt, Ottawa Senators, Image Essential, Rideau Carleton, Laplante Chevrolet, Jerome Photography, Lynda Colpitts, McGarry, CIBC, ReVive, Tracy Vorstandlechner, Carleton Golf, Urban Element, CPI interiors, Les Suites Hotels, RARE Restaurant, Davidson’s Jewellery, Nancy Law.
The International Food Stations were a success, as was the silent auction. This year approximately $3000 were raised for WBN’s scholarship fund and favoured charities.
We thank everyone who came out to golf, eat and network-and we hope to see you again next year.