- President’s message: Inspired Business Women Evolve
- Call for Nominations: Women’s Business Network, Businesswoman of the Year Awards
- Program Committee: Upcoming Events
- What’s NEW
- RETweet to Win!
- Welcome to the WBN New Members!
- Join the proud WBN Annual Sponsors!
- Marketing & Communications Committee
- Member Spotlight: Dr. Andréa Proulx
Over thirty years ago, the WBN started the tradition of recognizing the accomplishments of women who live, work and play an active role in business operating within the National Capital Region. It used to be a single award for one deserving entrepreneur but as times change and business woman move into different fields, there is now an award for an entrepreneur, a professional or a woman in the corporate arena.
Nominations are now open until November 22, 2013. Nominating is as simple as providing the name and contact information for the exceptional woman you wish to nominate. Take the time to recognize an outstanding woman in business with your nomination today!
Submit your nomination with the online nomination form, forward it to colleagues, friends or clients, or download our advertisement to post or distribute in your place of business.
Nominees do not have to be a WBN member to qualify, nor are nominations required to be made by WBN members.
Let’s celebrate the accomplishments of women in our community. Help us recognize their contributions and the success they have achieved across the diverse demands of women in business today. Act now – nominations close on November 22, 2013.
Celebrating “girl” time in November
- November 13 – What A Girl Wants: The WBN will be hosting a corporate table at this Annual event and invite WBN members and Guests to enjoy an evening at the Chateau Laurier. There are 10 places available. Tickets are $175 each and can be purchased at whatagirlwants.ca/ottawa
- November 14 – An Evening at the Signatures Show: Star Motors of Ottawa presents the Women’s Business Network Fundraiser for Big Sisters – Join members of The Ottawa Women’s Business Network Thursday, November 14, 5:30, at the Signatures Show, Ottawa Convention Centre, in support of Big Sisters. This fun filled evening includes networking, food & drink, fashion and shopping! See the latest model Mercedes Benz, sample wine from Coyote Run, enjoy passed hors d’oeuvres, take in a fashion show and shop till you drop, all in support of Big Sisters! The Honorable Jim Watson will open the evening’s program. Don’t miss out on the first class event for a great cause. Parking available at the Rideau Centre. Tickets are $30 for members and $40 for guests. Get your tickets today. For this particular event the deadline for ticket purchase is November 13 at noon.
- November 27– Breakfast Circle at the urban element – REGISTER NOW!
- December 3 – President’s Holiday Celebration at Pauline Fleming’s home – REGISTER NOW!
- December 19 – Breakfast Circle at Bridgehead – REGISTER NOW!
- January 21– Lunch at Centurion Centre with guest speaker Dr. Kimberly Sogge – Registration coming soon!
WBN has formed a partnership with the Women of Influence Inc. Located in Toronto, they produce inspiring, progressive, and celebratory events across the country. Many of you may have attended the WOI luncheon series held quarterly in Ottawa.
What does this mean?
WBN will have a listing in Women of Influence online directory with a link to our site and the BYA and event photos will be listed in the “what’s new” section on the home page of the WOI site. This will extend and build awareness of the WBN brand and expose WBN to like-minded women and organizations.
WBN members are invited to join the Women of Influence Community, there is no charge, and you will receive a complimentary subscription to their magazine for one year.
Visit the Women of Influence site at www.womenofinfluence.ca
Our RE(Tweet) to win contest is more popular than ever! Our winner for October was Sarah Mitchell of It’s Sleepy Time (@SleepCoachSarah) who joined us on October 31st at The Bridgehead Roastery for the Breakfast Circle.
For your chance to win, just follow us on Twitter (@WBN_Ottawa) and keep an eye out for our next contest – November 18th.
We are happy to welcome the following new members to the Women’s Business Network:
We look forward to meeting you at a WBN Networking event!
This is just one of the many Annual Sponsor Benefits.
We are glad to welcome new members to WBN! If you are a new or recent member, WBN has a number of social media platforms for you.
Dr Andréa Proulx ND sees a wide variety of patients. Whether they suffer from hormone issues, chronic pain, digestive issues, anxiety/depression or fatigue, Andréa looks to address the root cause of disease. She uses hormone testing, detox, acupuncture, nutrition and stress coping techniques as integral parts to her treatment plans to achieve optimal health for each individual.
Continuing her learning after her 4 years at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Andréa has pursued clinically relevant seminars to integrate more knowledge into her treatment plans. Lecture series in Women’s and Men’s Health, Sleep Disorders, Functional Medicine and Pain Management have enabled Andréa to be more comprehensive in her diagnosis and treatments.
We have it in each of us to be healthy. As a frequent speaker for local sports organisations and health groups, Andréa strives to help everyone understand how nutrition and movement is important for people of all shapes and sizes to reach their goals quickly and successfully.
In her free time, Andréa sits on the Board of Directors of several not-for-profit organizations and enjoys an active lifestyle which includes playing competitive Ultimate Frisbee, cycling, and being outdoors. She is also known for promoting kale to her friends and enjoying a great gluten-free snack!
Originaire du nord de l’Ontario, Andréa est une des rares naturopathes à Ottawa qui rencontre ses patients en français ainsi qu’en anglais.