Congratulations to all the women who were nominated for the Businesswoman of the Year Award. The nomination process is almost over. The nominations are open until November 7th. Don’t wait. Nominate a woman in the Professional, Entrepreneur or Company category. I would encourage each of you to review your business connections – friends, colleagues, service providers, etc. and nominate at least one exceptional woman.
I wish all of the nominated women success in completing their submissions. It is only through reflection that you can see how much you have accomplished in your own business and how you have inspired other people to follow in your footsteps.
In November, the WBN celebrates Entrepreneurship. As businesswomen, I believe that we all have an entrepreneurial spirit and you can recognize many of the following common characteristics in successful entrepreneurs:
- As entrepreneurs, we do what we enjoy and take what we do seriously.
- All great entrepreneurs plan everything and create a business plan which becomes our road map to success.
- As an entrepreneur, we become an expert in our area of business and because of our good reputation and positive business image, our customers are loyal to us.
- As an entrepreneur, technology is an important tool for communication and reaching our target customers; and lastly
- As entrepreneurs, we are not afraid to take calculated risks in order to succeed.
To help us achieve success in our business, don’t miss the November event, “Let Go and Your Business Grows” at BMO Bank of Montreal, Bank Street and March Way in the Glebe. Let’s learn together how to take action when you are stuck and need guidance to build your business. I look forward to seeing you and your guests there. (Click here for more information and registration)
As always, I invite each of you to contact me if you’d like to become more involved in the WBN.